What Kind Of Website Would You Want; STATIC OR DYNAMIC?
A static website contains Web pages with fixed content. Each page is coded in HTML and displays the same information to every visitor. Static sites are the most basic type of website. A static site can be built by simply creating a few HTML pages and publishing them to a Web server.
A static website is one whose content cannot be change without a developer editing its source code, while a dynamic website can display different content from the same source code.
When we say dynamic website, the word “complex” is associated with it. Page content and layout are developed in a separate manner. That makes things really complicated. However, utmost benefits will be given to entrepreneurs along the way. Considering the fact that elements are not stored together, it is quite possible to customize the content based on a person’s preferences. Generally, this kind of website is supported by CMS or Content Management Systems where data is modified within the database. There is a chance to create numerous updates even without a full understanding about HTML and website software.
Depending on the operative system or browser the visitor use, a dynamic website can deploy content in a different ways from the same source code, these type of website can adapt to the screen of any device.
Advantages of static websites
- Selling products and services online- The target customers will be able to see the available products and services within your business.
- Information dissemination to various users.
- Quick to develop
- Cheap to develop
- Interaction with the users.
- Personalization of the content- The concerned people can improve the overall appearance and content of the website.
- Cheap to host
- Allowing the multiple users to modify the website.
Disadvantages of static websites
- More expensive to maintain in the long term if updates are more frequent. This is because any changes have to be made to pages individually.
- Not updatableby the Client, thus relying on the Web designer to edit.
- Increased risk to business, as the person with web skills could fall ill or leave, meaning that the website can no longer be maintained without complications.
- Management is restricted to one machine. If changes need to be made then this is only possible where the editing tool is installed
- Website editors need significant training and skills to develop the website to modern day standards and practices. This is time consuming, expensive and ongoing.
- Content can get stagnant and useless
Advantages of dynamic websites
- Restructuring of dynamic websites is easier, thus ensuring its longevity.
- Can be developed/amended/added to as and when required.
- Much more functional and easier to update for the site owner.
- Access to be able to content manage the website from any computer, anywhere in the world (that has Internet connection)
- Website content contributors/editors only need basic content editing skills
- Multiple user access for updating/content managing. The amount of access can also be setup.
- A Dynamic Website allows you to archive past material on a certain date or allows an item to be published or removed at a certain date automatically.
- As the content is held within a database it allows the user to search the database for content, also a site map is automatically generated as content is added.
- New content brings people back to the site and helps in SEO
Disadvantages of dynamic websites
- May be more expensive and slower to develop
- Slightly longer initial development time.
- Hosting costs may be a little more
- Cost of implementing training of Content management system to Client/Staff.
Developing a Dynamic Website is now a necessity among several business organizations. Instead of being settled with the traditional website design, entrepreneurs must be innovative and embrace the current trends in the digital marketing.
Let’s discuss your website projects today; you can also take a look some of our recent portfolio at https://www.mrriches.com.ng/portfolio/
May 23, 2018
April 11, 2018
April 11, 2018